L I F E S T Y L E
Hey guys and welcome back to another post.
I have been sooo busy recently, so I apologise for the lack of content on here. I have something exciting that I am working on for the start of Feb and I am also currently ill 🙁
Todays post is all about focusing on you and your health this year!
I have really enjoyed writing this post because I love giving advice to people and I love being able to talk to people about what has helped me. Something that I am very passionate about is self-care and self-love and ways in which you can focus on that physically and emotionally. Even if you don’t want to read the whole post, just have a glance over it and see what is for you!
F O C U S O N Y O U R S E L F E M O T I O N A L L Y
- One of the reasons I started a blog was to let out how I feel about certain things, whether that be negative or positive. I always find that writing your feelings and emotions down is such a good way to not only get it out there, but to make you feel bit relieved.
– Write them down in a diary
– Write them down in a word a day diary
– Write them down on your notes on your phone
– Send your friends a long message explaining how you are feeling
- Talk to someone – a family member, a friend, a therapist, a doctor, or a counsellor. I always find that if I need someone to talk to I will instantly go to my mum because she is a great listener and gives the best advice. I always feel so much better when I have let it out and spoke to my mum about whatever is on my mind. I realize sometimes people don’t want to go to the doctor. Men especially can feel uncomfortable when talking to someone. Luckily for them there are new companies out there like hims, who want to encourage men to focus on their wellness. They even allow you to communicate with a doctor online. If you don’t feel like you have anyone to talk to, I am always available so feel free to drop me a message at any time. xo
- Read at least once a week. This will help you to take time out of your day and focus it on something else. I like to read before I go to bed. Or look towards self mediation books where you can colour in pictures.
– find the types of books that you love and read it
F O C U S O N Y O U R S E L F P H Y S I C A L L Y
- Exercise & Eat healthy. I feel like when a lot of people hear that word that are literally like “Na cba” it isn’t as scary as you think you just need to find a love for it and mix it up. However, exercise really does clear your mind, it allows you to let out some steam and to focus on something and this will help you mentally and physically. I go to the gym to make my body look better, but a big part of why I go is because it helps me to clear my mind, IT REALLY DOES. This also applies to eating healthy, a lot of people don’t want to because they can’t find foods that they like. Find something healthy that you love and you will love eating healthy. You can eat anything you want, but in moderation, eat healthy BUT ENJOY IT.
– go to the gym
– start Yoga or meditation ( these two are really great for anxiety )
– Join some classes like spin class or even start swimming
– Do you like dancing? join a dance class
– Meal prep- this is good for you emotionally as you will be organised and ready for the week. Also physically, make healthy meals for each day.
- Sleep. This one is very underlooked, sleep is such an essential. You need to be getting around 7 hours plus a night, you need your brain to fully function. I am a uni student a I really understand how tiring it is, and to also have a full nights sleep while studying. It is hard! but, get into a routine and this should help.
– Turn your phone on silent when you get into bed, your bed is a place to sleep not be on your phone and your mind will realise that.
– If you are exercising then you need sleep because your body needs to fully recover
F O C U S O N Y O U R S E L F E M O T I O N A L L Y & P H Y S I C A L L Y
- Drink Herbal teas. This one is also emotionally because I find that drinking camomile tea before bed helps me to sleep better.
– Find some that you love, even if that means you have to tweak it a bit and add a sugar or add some honey.
– they are great for your skin, I always find that it helps clear my skin of any spots.
- Be social. I would class this one as physically because you are normally going out to meet people, but it also applies to emotionally too.
– meet up with friends and go for a coffee
– if you and a friend both have the same interests, join a club or a society
– Make new friends at uni, school, college or work
- Watch films / listen to music. If doing so will help you to release a sense of catharsis, GOOD!
- Do what you love. If you love playing xbox then play xbox, if you love having a pamper evening and to paint your nails then do it. If you love binge watching on Netflix, DO IT! I love to have a nice bath and then come up to bed and binge watch Youtube haha!
You may have been able to tell that I love this subject as I have gone on a proper rant about it. I hope I covered something that you feel you may need a bit of help with. I AM ALWAYS FREE IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME- I want to emphasis that, I would hate for someone to feel like crap and feel like they don’t know what to do.
This post is in collaboration with hims and if this post helps at least one person I WILL BE HAPPY!
Thanks for reading guys.
Are you all caught up with my other posts?-
My 2018 Plan-
OTHER PLACES TO FIND ME!
Follow my Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/sophia_tranterxxx/
Follow my Twitter – https://twitter.com/sophiatranterxo
Follow my blog with Bloglovin